Thank you, ordinarygirlinbrum for the nomination. It was both unexpected and fully appreciated.
What is Liebster Award? [paraphrasing]
The Liebster Award brings recognition to smaller blogs – all nominated blogs will have under 200 followers.
- Thank the Liebster Blog presenter who nominated you and link back to their blog.
- Post 11 facts about yourself, answer the 11 questions you were asked, and create 11 questions for your nominees.
- Nominate 11 blogs who you feel deserve to be noticed and leave a comment on their blog letting them know they have been chosen.
- Display the Liebster Award logo.
- No tag back thingy.
11 Things About Me
- I’m the youngest of six, therefore there is nothing anyone could do to me in school that a) my siblings hadn’t already thought of and tried or b) could frighten me
- Therefore, I can honestly say I was never bullied in school. I would be lying if I didn’t admit that I had moments of “mean girl”-ness.
- I never sleep through the night.
- While I only speak English fluently, I do read 4 other languages (French, Italian, Portguese, Spanish), and I used to be able to sing phonetically correct in Chinese (Cantonese and Mandarin) and Korean.
- I once didn’t wear a single pair of denim jeans for 4 years.
- I don’t like holidays; they bring out the worst in too many people.
- I have more ties and pairs of cufflinks than my father and my brothers.
- I can’t sleep on planes – it makes for difficult cross- and inter-continental flights.
- When I get nervous, I stack and neaten things in a slightly compulsive manner.
- I don’t like cuddling with my partner in my sleep; it’s weird and sweaty and I already don’t get enough sleep as it is.
- I once burped the alphabet thanks to a can of Coke; my brother was a little too proud.
11 Questions For Me To Answer
- What is the first memory you have?
I was four or five, kindergarten class, and my (evil) teacher had yelled at/scolded me for not paying attention to getting my paint for a fingerpainting art exercise. I distinctly recall being furious – I’ve always had a temper – as I had to sit and not participate with the rest of the class.
And that, folks, is how a rebel is born.
- Are you the kind of friend you would choose to have as a friend?
Absolutely. I’m a paragon of humanity! But, seriously, yes – in terms of similar values, ethics, and moral strength, which are the terms in which I judge my own personal worth as a friend, I totally would want to be friends with someone like me.
- How do you spend the majority of your free time?
Listening to music / compiling playlists, reading (I do 50-75 books a year + 750+ articles and essays), cooking, exercising, and getting in extra sleep where possible
- If you were to write a book, what would you call it and what would it be about?
I would probably call it either the name of my blog, Raw She Said or something like And Then This Was Nothing. I don’t know if it would be fiction or creative non-fiction, but it would be about the intersection of humanity and technology and how that shapes our daily lives when it comes to family, work, and relationships.
- Do you have any superstitions?
- When was the last time you tried something new?
- What is the first thing you notice about people you meet?
Their shoes. My dad used to shine his shoes by hand every weekend and it was a mark of character the taking care of that function. I tend to check people out feet-first to see if they take the effort.
- Is torture ever a good option?
I wish I could say no, but I’d be lying if I hadn’t thought it something that has its most unfortunate uses. I think it is a weapon of last resort.
- Would you rather be hated or forgotten?
- Have you ever regretted something you did not say or do?
Absolutely. I regretted not going away to college; it would have changed my life in a positive way, I’m certain.
11 Questions For You To Answer
- Why did you start your blog?
- Who motivates you in your daily life?
- If you could do one thing without any negative risk, what would it be?
- What is the last book that you read that stayed with you?
- When is the last time you spoke to your best friend?
- What would be the trip of a lifetime for you?
- If you had your own museum, what would you put in it?
- Why do you love (or hate or remain indifferent) the place that you currently live in?
- What signifies home for you?
- What would you like to be remembered for?
- Who was the first person to break your heart?
- caffeinated sonnets
- Sassy Sass
- Mabel and Evelyn
- a little dose of keelium
- Scribbling in Heels 2.0
- And She Laughs
- life of a willow
- Queery Everything
- Normal Is The New Weird
Think that’s it! Thanks again for the nomination, ordinarygirlinbrum!
Everyone you should go check out her blog, it’s awesome!